Saturday, September 02, 2006

Another on the Hugos

Just thought I'd mention the Harlan Ellison scandal from the Hugo ceremony. I'm not going to go into what happened (you can read a lot of stuff all over the blogosphere), except to say that I've always admired Ellison as a writer, that he was one of the first "serious" sf writers I started reading, that his work has always fascinated and intrigued me, both his fiction and his non-fiction. Passion and integrity shone through in his work, especially during his heydays in the 60s & 70s. To say the least, this incident and his lack of a sincere apology certainly tarnish a lot (most) of the good things I thought about the man.

(You can see the Ellison groping Connie Willis at the Hugo Ceremony here. Ellison's pathetic attempt at an apology is here, in a post from August 31st.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home