Friday, April 22, 2005

Book collections

These two (1, 2) posts from Bookslut are about universities that give book collection prizes to their undergraduate students. Who knew? This got me to thinking about some of my prize winning book colletions. These are sub-parts of my overall collection which I think are both big enough to be interesting and narrow enough to be useful.

  • History of Chess & Chess Art
  • Science Fiction criticism
  • The following individual authors (in no order):

    • Harlan Ellison
    • Norman Spinrad
    • Michael Bishop
    • Frederik Pohl
    • Robert E. Howard
    • H. P. Lovecraft
    • Fred Reinfeld & Irving Chernev

I have fairly interesting collections on some aspects of WWII, such as the Nuremberg Trials, but I've not collected in those areas really "on purpose", but more by accident so the selection is a bit haphazard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home