Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What I read: 1987

What do you care what I read in 1987? Nothing, of course, but I do. As I get older (I was 20 in 1983 when I started keeping track of the books I read) I find myself more and more in the position of looking at a stack of books on my shelves by, say, Cornell Woolrich and they all have the word "Black" in the title. I know I've read a couple but I can't remember which ones. Fortunately, I've been maintaining a little list in a little brown book since April 1983 of all the books I've read (or at least attempted). By putting this list here it will be searchable. I may ultimately put at least some of it in something like LibraryThing, but for now I'll be putting it here. The advantage is that the blog is quick and dirty, without a lot of effort per entry. The books are in the order I read them.

By way of adding some value to the list, I'll italicize any work that I remember as being particularly wonderful

  1. Neuromancer by William Gibson
  2. The best of Philip K. Dick by Philip K. Dick
  3. Callahan's crosstime saloon by Spider Robinson
  4. Crash by J.G. Ballard
  5. Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
  6. A mobid taste for bones by Ellis Peters
  7. Blue champagne by John Varley
  8. Trespass by Fletcher Knebel
  9. The virgin & the wheels by L. Sprague de Camp
  10. Godbody by Theodore Sturgeon
  11. Fuzz by Ed McBain
  12. Three hearts and three lions by Poul Anderson
  13. The best of Fritz Leiber by Fritz Leiber
  14. The warlock unlocked by Christopher Stasheff
  15. The adventures of the Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison
  16. Taming a seahorse by Robert B. Parker
  17. Different seasons by Stephen King
  18. Ceremony by Robert B. Parker
  19. Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert
  20. Radio free Albemuth by Philip K. Dick
  21. Raven: Swordsmistress of chaos by Richard Kirk
  22. Looking for Rachel Wallace by Robert B. Parker
  23. Dream park by Larry Niven and Steven Barnes
  24. Wild cards edited by George R.R. Martin
  25. Fatherhood by Bill Cosby
  26. Armageddon rag by George R.R. Martin
  27. Not this August by C.M. Kornbluth
  28. Strangers from the Sky by Margaret Wander Bonnano
  29. Fouth side of the triange by Ellery Queen (Avram Davidson)
  30. City at world's end by Edmond Hamilton
  31. My discovery of America by Farley Mowat
  32. What's become of screwloose by Ron Goulart
  33. Little heroes by Norman Spinrad
  34. Deathbird stories by Harlan Ellison
  35. The damnation game by Clive Barker
  36. Why not you and I by Karl Edward Wagner
  37. The black curtain by Cornell Woolrich
  38. Hitler victorious edited by Gregory Benford and Martin H. Greenberg
  39. Fletch by Gregory McDonald
  40. Raven: A time of ghosts by Richard Kirk
  41. Vampire junction by S.P. Somtow
  42. Wasp by Eric Frank Russell
  43. Bio of a space tyrant 4: Executive
  44. God save the child by Robert B. Parker
  45. The wild shore by Kim Stanley Robinson
  46. Psycho by Robert Block
  47. Footfall by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle
  48. How much for just the planet? by John M. Ford
  49. Another fine myth by Robert Asprin
  50. Time travellers strictly cash by Spider Robinson
  51. Beyond armageddon edited by Walter M. Miller, jr. and Martin H. Greenberg
  52. First flight by Chris Claremont
  53. Myth conceptions by Robert Asprin
  54. Tom O'Bedlam by Robert Silverberg
  55. The thin man by Dashiell Hammett
  56. Skraelings by Carl Sherrell
  57. Man of two worlds by Frank and Brian Herbert

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home