Thursday, March 29, 2007

What I read: 1991

What do you care what I read in 1991? Nothing, of course, but I do. As I get older (I was 20 in 1983 when I started keeping track of the books I read) I find myself more and more in the position of looking at a stack of books on my shelves by, say, Cornell Woolrich and they all have the word "Black" in the title. I know I've read a couple but I can't remember which ones. Fortunately, I've been maintaining a little list in a little brown book since April 1983 of all the books I've read (or at least attempted). By putting this list here it will be searchable. I may ultimately put at least some of it in something like LibraryThing, but for now I'll be putting it here. The advantage is that the blog is quick and dirty, without a lot of effort per entry. The books are in the order I read them.

By way of adding some value to the list, I'll italicize any work that I remember as being particularly wonderful.

  1. American vampires by Norine Dresser
  2. Carrion comfort by Dan Simmons
  3. Bone by George C. Chesbro
  4. Grass by Sheri S. Tepper
  5. That's not all folks by Mel Blanc
  6. Vespers by Ed McBain
  7. Strange invasion by Michael Kandel
  8. The ascension factor by Michael Bishop
  9. Software conflict by Robert Glass
  10. The cipher by Kathe Koja
  11. Prime directive by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens
  12. The dark half by Stephen King
  13. The thief of time by Tony Hillerman
  14. Cutter by Edward Bryant
  15. Yellow fog by Les Daniels
  16. A fire in the sun by George Alec Effinger
  17. Xolotl by Robert Sheckley
  18. The game by Ken Dryden
  19. Poodle springs by Raymond Chandler and Robert B. Parker
  20. The SFWA handbook edited by Kristine Kathryn Rusch & Dean Wesley Smith
  21. Rules of prey by John Sanford
  22. Flag full of stars by Brad Ferguson
  23. The killer inside me by Jim Thompson
  24. Stardust by Robert B. Parker
  25. The fifth profession by David Morrell
  26. Songs from the starts by Norman Spinrad
  27. Deadlines by John Skipp and Craig Spector
  28. Polar city blues by Katherine Kerr
  29. Esse hominid by Esther Friesner
  30. Gauntlet edited by Barry Hoffmann
  31. Sunglasses after dark by Nancy A. Collins
  32. Vendetta by Peter David
  33. The girl who fell from the sky by Kate Wilhelm
  34. A case of mistaken identity by L. Timmel Duchamp
  35. Black cherry blues by James Lee Burke
  36. Good news from outer space by John Kessel
  37. Lords of the line by David Cruise & Alison Griffiths
  38. Murder can be fun by Frederic Brown
  39. The city, not long after by Pat Murphy
  40. Wizardry & wild romance by Michael Moorcock
  41. Hard candy by Andrew Vachss
  42. Mark of the werewolf by Jeffrey Sackett
  43. Only begotten daughter by James Morrow
  44. Dinosaurs by Walter Jon Williams
  45. The mythical man month by Fred L. Brooks
  46. Slob by Rex Miller
  47. Myth-nomers and Impervections by Robert Asprin
  48. The further adventures of the Joker edited by Martin H. Greenberg
  49. What might have been VII edited by Gregory Benford and Martin H. Greenberg
  50. Batman: Captured by the Engines by Joe R. Lansdale
  51. My enemy, my ally by Diane Duane
  52. Homegoing by Frederik Pohl
  53. A morning for flamingoes by James Lee Burke
  54. A burden of proof by Scott Turow
  55. Obsession by Rick Reed
  56. Sunday best by Edward O. Phillips
  57. The quickening by Michael Bishop
  58. City of truth by James Morrow
  59. Pacific edge by Kim Stanley Robinson
  60. Under the yoke by S.M. Stirling
  61. The will to swing by Gene Lees
  62. Wyrd sisters by Terry Pratchett
  63. The left hand of darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin
  64. The Romulan way by Diane Duane & Peter Morwood
  65. Dark matter by Garfield Reeves-Stevens
  66. Indiana Jones and the Peril at Delphi by Rob MacGregor
  67. Russian spring by Norman Spinrad
  68. No enemy but time by Michael Bishop
  69. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  70. Q-in-law by Peter David
  71. Killer on the road by James Ellroy
  72. Four past midnight by Stephen King
  73. Man-Kzin wars IV by Donald Kingsbury, Greg Bear and S.M. Stirling
  74. Books of blood V by Clive Barker
  75. Green eyes by Lucius Shepard
  76. Night by Alan Rodgers
  77. Jurassic park by Michael Crichton

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home